Email MeAlana Ines Mejias
Alana I. Mejias is a partner with Courtney, Clark & Mejias, P.C.
Ms. Mejias concentrates her practice in family law, including cases involving property division and child related issues.
Ms. Mejias received her Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications from the University of Illinois in Champaign Urbana in May 2004. Ms. Mejias received her Juris Doctorate in 2007 from the New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts.
Ms. Mejias is experienced in litigation and trained and certified in collaborative law. She has considerable trial experience and has briefed and argued numerous appeals in the Illinois Fifth District Court of Appeals.
Ms. Mejias is admitted to practice law in Illinois and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. Ms. Mejias is a member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois Bar Association, the St. Clair County Bar Association and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Collaborative Divorce
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2007
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 2007
- Honors: Member, Phi Delta Phi Honors Society
- Honors: Historian, Phi Delta Phi Honors Society, 2005-2006
- Honors: President, Phi Delta Phi Honors Society, 2006-2007
- Honors: Student Attorney, New England School of Law Clinical Law
- University of Illinois, Champaign Urbana, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts - May, 2004
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Speech Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- Illinois Bar Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- St. Clair County Bar, Member, 2007 - Present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2013 - Present