Stephen Russell Clark
Stephen R. Clark, a life-long resident of St. Clair County, graduated from St. Louis University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree (1971) and Law Degree (1974). While in school, Mr. Clark worked as a union employee at Empire Stove Foundry in Belleville, Illinois. He taught at St. Louis University and served as Executive Director of the St. Louis University inter-disciplinary film program.
Mr. Clark distinguished himself early in life in undergraduate school by his election as student body vice-president. He also served as a member of the University Counsel, a member of Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity and was the recipient of numerous awards for academic and social achievements.
Professionally, Mr. Clark has served as special counsel to the Lieutenant Governor of Illinois. He has been a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois and has served as a bankruptcy trustee for the Southern District of Illinois. Mr. Clark is recognized for having distinguished himself as a Court of Claims Commissioner in Illinois.
Also, Mr. Clark has been instrumental in forming and establishing the inter-disciplinary M-Team for the Southwestern Illinois Visiting Nurses Association. This project was created to assist elder abuse case workers in resolving difficult cases. He has been a pioneer and continues as a strong advocate for the protection of the person and the finances of the elderly.
Mr. Clark has also had an extensive practice in the areas of personal and business bankruptcies, primarily serving on behalf of consumers. He has also practiced for many years in the areas of personal injury, handling a large number of automobile cases and other personal injury matters. He, as mentioned earlier, involves himself in law regarding the elderly and has litigated often for the rights and protections of the elderly.
Mr. Clark has also formed corporations, represented businesses and handled decedent’s estates.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law, Guardianship, Probate, Wills
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1977
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri - 1974
- Honors: Empire Stove Foundry in Belleville, Illinois
- Honors: Executive Director, St. Louis University Inter-Disciplinary Film Program
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts - 1971
- Honors: Member, University Counsel
- Honors: Member, Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Honors: Recipient, Numerous Awards For Academic and Social Achievements
Past Employment Positions
- Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, Special Counsel
- State of Illinois, Special Assistant Attorney General
- The Southern District of Illinois, Bankruptcy Trustee
- Delta Sigma Phi