Stephen Russell Clark
Stephen Russell Clark, (1949-2015), a founding partner of Courtney, Clark & Mejias, P.C. passed away May 2015.
Stephen R. Clark, who was honored by the Saint Clair County Bar Association for 40 years of legal practicewas a proud life-long resident of St. Clair County. He graduated from St. Louis University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree (1971) and Law Degree (1974).
Professionally, Mr. Clark served as special counsel to the Lieutenant Governor of Illinois. He was a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois and served as a bankruptcy trustee for the Southern District of Illinois. Mr. Clark was recognized for having distinguished himself as a Court of Claims Commissioner in Illinois.
Mr. Clark was instrumental in forming and establishing the inter-disciplinary M-Team for the Southwestern Illinois Visiting Nurses Association. This project was created to assist elder abuse case workers in resolving difficult cases. He was a pioneer a strong advocate for the protection of the person and the finances of the elderly.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law, Guardianship, Probate, Wills
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1977
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri - 1974
- Honors: Empire Stove Foundry in Belleville, Illinois
- Honors: Executive Director, St. Louis University Inter-Disciplinary Film Program
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts - 1971
- Honors: Member, University Counsel
- Honors: Member, Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Honors: Recipient, Numerous Awards For Academic and Social Achievements
Past Employment Positions
- Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, Special Counsel
- State of Illinois, Special Assistant Attorney General
- The Southern District of Illinois, Bankruptcy Trustee
- Delta Sigma Phi