Resolving All of Your Legal Concerns in the Southern Illinois Area
With a team of three highly experienced attorneys, Courtney, Clark & Mejias, P.C. offers cost-effective, passionate representation in many different legal areas. Although we handle a wide variety of legal problems, one thing is always the same: We focus on meeting each client's unique needs.
A General Practice Law Firm
Our lawyers have over 60 years of combined legal experience. Because of our diverse backgrounds, we are able to meet nearly all the legal needs of our clients. We handle cases involving:
- Family law — We offer compassionate, cost-effective representation for a full range of family law matters, including adoption, divorce, separation, premarital agreements, paternity, custody and support.
- Criminal defense — We provide zealous criminal defense representation for clients facing misdemeanor and felony charges such as drunk driving (DUI), drug crimes, theft, white collar crimes, sex offenses and arson.
- Bankruptcy — We have extensive experience with all forms of consumer and commercial bankruptcy. We will help you or your business get relief from debt through Chapter 7, Chapter 9, Chapter 11, Chapter 12 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
- Personal injury — Personal injury victims are too often left struggling with medical bills, lost wages and other damages. We take on the insurance companies for our clients and zealously pursue the compensation they are entitled to.
- Elder law — We have over 30 years of experience handling elder law issues such as Medicaid planning, nursing home rights and residents' rights. We represent the Department of Aging in elder abuse and neglect cases as well as the Southwest Visiting Nurses Association.
- Business law — We assist Illinois businesses with all of their legal concerns, including entity formation, business planning, dissolution, franchising, reorganization, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and shareholders' rights.
- Election campaign and political law — We handle a full range of campaign and election law issues, including laws that govern political officials and political processes.
- Probate and estate administration — When someone you care about passes away, we will guide you through the probate process and the distribution of their estate.
- Real estate law — We handle residential and commercial real estate transactions and all other related issues such as purchase and sale, construction disputes, foreclosures, lease agreements, zoning, title examinations, quiet title actions and management.
- State, local and municipal law — Laws regarding the powers and liabilities of state and local governments as well as municipal corporations are often complex. We protect our clients' interests in matters such as land use and zoning disputes and municipal employment issues.
We offer free initial consultations at our Belleville office. Call 618-207-3458 (toll free 866-921-8767) or contact us online to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Illinois attorneys.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.