Our Belleville, IL adoption lawyers focus on your family's legal needs
Adopting a child can an exciting, rewarding experience for families. The adoption process can also sometimes be very complicated and confusing. That's why it's important to work with an experienced adoption attorney who can help guide you through this complex process.
Courtney Clark Law, P.C. in Belleville, Illinois can help you every step of the way. Our attorneys have years of experience handling adoptions throughout southern Illinois. That's why we have such an in-depth understanding of family law and how it relates to adoption.
Don't underestimate the complexity of your adoption. It's also important that all the necessary documents and applications are filled out correctly. Otherwise, you could face legal difficulties in the future if there's a mistake or error in one of these documents.
Types of adoption
There are so many legal issues to consider before finalizing an adoption. First, couples should consider what type of adoption they want to pursue. The most common types of adoption are:
- Closed adoption - Birth mother has no contact with adoptive parents during or after the adoption process.
- Independent adoption - Adoption agreement directly between birth mother and the adoptive parents without an adoption agency.
- Overseas adoption - Adopting a baby from another country.
- Relative adoption - Also known as kinship adoption, this type of adoption involves an adult relative (grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc.) adopting a child.
There are pros and cons to each type of adoption. Our attorneys can explain each one to you and help you decide which one makes the most sense for your family.
Legal issues involving adoption
Legal issues often come up before, during or after an adoption has been finalized. Some of the most common legal issues we deal with at our law firm include:
- Birth mother withdraws from adoption process before it's finalized.
- Birth mother seeks to overturn adoption after it's finalized.
- Legal challenges to adoption after its finalized.
- Legal issues involved with overseas adoption.
Whatever legal issues you're grappling with involving your adoption, our attorneys can help you every step of the way.
Here for your family
There's no room for error when it comes to dealing with adoption. Every single document needs to be exactly right. Otherwise, you could face legal challenges in the future to your adoption - something no parent should ever have to do with.
Our experienced adoption attorneys can help you every step of the way. We understand the law. We know how the process works in Illinois. We know what needs to be done to make your adoption as seamless and stress-free as possible.